Our Employment Practices Liability insurance is designed to protect staffing firms against claims brought by an applicant or employee for allegations, including but not limited to discrimination, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination. This policy, designed specifically for staffing services, provides coverage for applicants, a staffing firm’s in-house employees and, of course, clients are added as insureds, not just “additional insureds,” on our policy. We include coverage for Wrongful Business Environment committed against non-employees of the staffing firm or the staffing firm’s clients.
Our Employment Practices Liability policy steps in to protect a staffing firm for legal actions alleging bodily injury and or property damage. For the insured’s contract employees (temporary placements), our occurrence-based policy specifically extends coverage to the insured for damage caused by the contract employee while on assignment (care, custody, and control). See actual policy for complete information.
- Individual Policy – separate limits and deductible
- Deductible Aggregate Available
- Insured Includes the Clients of the Staffing Service
- Duty to Defend
- Broadened Definition of a Claim
- Coverage for Workplace Torts
- Wrongful Business Environment coverage
- Knowledge of Claim is Limited to Corporate Officer or Risk Manager
- Coverage territory is worldwide for all named insureds domiciled in the USA
- World Wide Staffing Industry Insurance Application
- Client Service Agreements/Contracts
- Currently Valued – 3 Years’ Carrier Loss Runs
- Copy of Employee Manual or Employee handbook
A Special Program for World Wide Employment Practices Liability Policyholders
World Wide policyholders have direct access to core resources needed to keep up with employment law issues – online, any time – with HR Cares:
- As a World Wide Employment Practices Liability policyholder, you are entitled to access a special program website – HR Cares – provided by the Insurance Carrier at no charge.
- Website address information is provided along with the EPL policies issued to our insureds
Employment Practices Liability (EPLI)