FloodFLEX is an innovative endorsement that increases the loss payable under “Coverage A – Building Coverage” of a commercial flood policy from 10 percent to up to 100 percent. The enhancement allows an insured to select the percentage of additional coverage for a single additional premium payment.
An insured with a FloodFLEX policy will receive two payments in the case of covered flood damage to a building:
- One payment for the covered flood loss; and
- A second FloodFLEX payment equal to the selected percentage of the covered flood loss
“After the devastating hurricanes in the past two years and the extensive flooding that ensued, it became clear that there was a need for a new product that provided coverage for many of the unexpected expenses that insureds face in the aftermath of a flood,” said Evan Hecht, Chief Executive Officer of The Flood Insurance Agency. “FloodFLEX payments may be used by an insured for any purpose, ranging from lost income and depreciation to evacuation expenses for assisted living facilities and extended loss of revenue resulting from community blight.”
Coverage highlights include:
- First dollar primary building/contents coverage available up to $10,000,000 for properties located in A, X, and V zones, including almost all coastal properties
- $5000, $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, and $500,000 deductible options
- A rate-lock feature, which provides an insured with options to lock in pricing for up to three years, regardless of losses incurred during that time
- Policies that are certified lender compliant, ensuring that policies will be accepted by all federally-backed banks and lenders
- AmWINS and TFIA have partnered with an A-rated carrier to offer this product, which is available in 49 states.
FloodFLEX is exclusively available through AmWINS. For more information about FloodFLEX, contact your AmWINS broker or underwriter.
About AmWINS Group, Inc.
AmWINS Group, Inc. is the largest independent wholesale distributor of specialty insurance products in the United States, dedicated to serving retail insurance agents by providing property and casualty products, specialty group benefit products and administrative services. Based in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates through more than 115 offices globally and handles premium placements in excess of $16 billion dollars annually. To learn more, visit www.amwins.com.
About The Flood Insurance Agency
The Flood Insurance Agency (TFIA), an AmWINS Group company, is Florida-based managing general agency that specializes in private market flood insurance. Established in 1984, TFIA specializes in the distribution of private flood insurance throughout the United States. For over 25 years, TFIA has been at the forefront of the flood insurance industry. Now operating as a program administrator for Lexington Insurance Company, TFIA provides access to private market flood insurance as an alternative to the National Flood Insurance Program. The private flood insurance program now insures over $4.5 billion of property spread over 25,000 risks and has registered over 3000 independent agencies in 37 states to market.